I have been so vacant from my blog and I am so sorry. I had been busy, busy, busy.
First... My older son got a severe concussion during an activity at church. I saw my husband walk into the nursery where I was with little bear and he said we had to leave older bear was badly hurt and we need to take him to the ER. I went to the gym where he was and the adults who saw it told me what happened. One kept saying to me "He left us, he left us for a moment." .... I guess they were on small square scooter and one kid would sit on it while another would push him across the gym trying to get a ball from one side to the other. Well, the boys decided it was an opportune time to push the person on the scooter as fast as possible and watch the kid on the scooter go flying. Well, kids were flying and no one was getting hurt...yet... Then when it was my sons turn to sit on the scooter the kid pushing him push so hard and fast that the scooter flipped up from under my son and came back down and landed on the bridge on my sons nose. that knocked him silly and he went flying backwards and hit the back of his head on the concrete/wood gym floor very hard. they said he instantly was knocked out and his whole body went stiff and he started seizing. They said when he was done seizing they could not tell if he was breathing at all. Then he started to come to and he opened his eyes, smiled, his eyes rolled back into his head and he was out again. They said he was in and out of consciousness a lot. then he came to and my daughter went up to him and asked if he was alright and said his name and he kept telling her that was not his name and he gave a different name. He did not know who he was or who anyone was for that matter. he did know where he was. Someone carried him out to my husbands truck and we raced to the hospital. He has some short term memory loss and still does not remember that night at all. Not even events that happened an hour before the incident. That was very scary for us.
Then we had a cold going around the family and little bear got it along with an ear infection. I did not realize he was sick and just thought he was fussy at church. We did see the pedi and he put little bear on antibiotics and said to give him Tylenol for the fever. Even with the Tylenol he was running a 101.3 fever. That scared me. He is still recovering and has a cough but he seems to be getting better.
So... that was my drama for the rest of the year and years to come. No more, OK!!
I wanted to post something that my grandmother sent to me in an email. I thought it was really neat. It was titled "Christmas In Prospective"
Letter from Jesus about Christmas --
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season.
How I personally feel about this celebration can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you want to celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE ANOTHER.
Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small Nativity scene on your own front lawn If all My followers did that there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be many of them all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up... It will be nice hearing from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5 Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the store didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember :
I LOVE YOU,
““Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32).