Thursday, April 06, 2006

ugh, pneumonia!

I have been unable to breath well for about a month now. I have also had some chest pain and just felt awful. My doctor assumed it was anxiety without even seeing me and prescribed meds for that purpose and said to see her soon. The meds never worked and I know a panic attack and this just did not feel like one. I finally went to a walk-in clinic a couple days ago to see what they would say as they do not know me and have no preconceived notions as to what this could be. They found that I have bacterial pneumonia. Finally! I have a diagnosis. I am now on antibiotics and starting to feel a bit better but it is still hard to breath while lying down and doing too much (even loading the dishwasher) takes a lot out of me. But I do what I have to do.
My daughter broke out in hives on Saturday. The docs on Sunday said that it was systemic and it does not appear to be anything she ate. ( we were at a leadership conference at church on Saturday from 8am until 3:30pm and Kelly was in a "construction camp" all that day with other kids. We brought her lunch but I hear the kids shared food so we were concerned she ate something and reacted badly) The doc said it could have also been caused by a cold virus which Kelly had a couple weeks prior. I am hoping it is the latter as we still can not figure out what she would have eaten that would cause her to break out in hives. She was so swollen. That is a scary thought because if we do not know what she is allergic to then we can not keep her away from it. The doc put her on some allergy meds and Benedryl and that helped her to stop itching and he hives are clearing up.

Caleb is nearing the end of school and his first graduation. That is exciting and sad at the same time. He will be leaving a great Christian school only to move on to another but we are prayerful that the new school in FL will be just as good.

We just reserved our room for the hotel in Spartanburg, SC for Kelli's wedding. That will be a lot of fun. UC and AJ will be staying in the same hotel. This will be Caleb and Kelly's 3rd wedding. They love it and are so well behaved.

We have a new website provider and designer. When we move to FL we will have Karolyn (Dunhom designs www.dunhom.com) redesign the krbrobstbuilder website and make it really great. We will be sure to let everyone know when this happens.

Until next time..

No comments: