Friday, September 25, 2009

On our way to the park...

I have not gotten on the treadmill all week. I keep telling myself I will. I keep telling myself every time I eat a candy bar from the freezer that I will get on the treadmill and burn the calories off and yet... I never do. I need to get motivated. I know that if I gain at this coming Tuesday's weigh in I will be motivated but at the same time discouraged. I don't want to get discouraged. I can't wait for this candy fundraiser to be over. Ever since the kids brought home the candy i have been tempted to go to the freezer in the garage and grab 2 at a time. (2 because each kid has a box to sell. I tell myself this will be the last time I grab some Candy so I have to be fair to both kids and take one from each box) I am seriously sabotaging myself. I need to stop this.

I have some friends that meet at the park for a home school group thing for a couple hours on Fridays. I think I will head over there and maybe get some walking in. I have a jogger stroller but I can't jog yet because the baby is only 2 months old and his head is not strong enough for me to be running with the jogger.

Maybe i could convince one of my friends to make a date every day (weekdays) to meet me at the park and we can go power walking. I need someone around me to help me.

I used to exercise everyday. I loved it. I was strong and thin and felt powerful. I felt great when I exercised. So...what happened to me? I need to start to make this a habit again. I have read that if you do something 15 times in a row then it becomes a formed habit. I need to do this. I need to make it a habit to exercise again. I need to stop eating candy. I feel guilt every time I do it but I keep doing it.

I hope to have a better rest of the day (already had 2 candy bars today.) I ate oatmeal this morning hoping that would stop me from eating the candy and it did not. I also owe about $28 for all the candy I have eaten. You would think that was a motivator to stay out of it. Right?

OK, have to get a shower and then off to the park. I will let you all know how things went and if I will get a partner in exercise. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me the harder I try to diet...the more I want to eat?? Whats up with that?!?! I like to walk/exercise with others too...seems to make things go a lot faster! Hope you have a great weekend! = )

warmfuzzies said...

Thanks you too!. Yeah, I know what you mean. I need to think of this as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Maybe that will help. :)My goal is 40 pounds from what I am now. *sigh*