Thursday, April 09, 2009

Relax...

I had such a wonderful and relaxing but productive day. My husband was home today so he helped me out with homeschooling. My son was doing geometry today (3rd grade!) and since my husband was with him I was able to get some housework done and water the flowers outside. I then looked up a lap book project online and we have Ecosystems and Abe Lincoln books started. It is a lot of fun. We went to Wal-Mart and bought some colored printer paper to print out the projects for the lap books. (Makes them much more interesting) We went to the library today as well. I found the Martha Stewart craft book (the new one!) in there and so I, of course, checked it out! We then went to the pond in front of the library to see if we could find the baby alligator and we did not but the birds were all there and it was nice to sit with my husband on a sunny afternoon and watch the birds while the kids were peacefully playing.

I have found a few projects so far in the Martha a Stewart book I want to try right away! One is the custom envelopes project. I can't wait to make some really pretty pink and green envelopes! How fun will it be to correspond with family and friends with those!? I also saw a paper box project that I recall doing as a child and thought it would be fun to make some cute pink and green ones. Not sure what I would use them for though. Any suggestions? The paper cutting and punching stuff looks like a lot of fun and real elegant. I have lots of punches in my craft closet so I can make good use of them now!
Oh so many things to do. I may have to extend the time I can check out this book until I can get one of my own. :)

Remember the contests going on in April one in this blog and one in the cupcakesandarbonne blog. Those fragrance sprays are so light and subtle but really refreshing! Also, none of the products are tested on animals and they are all natural Swiss products. I love them! Please help me to get to word out :)
Have a great night everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a good day!